the Portable Affordable Lockdown System™ (PALS™)
Lockdown Solutions is proud to introduce the Portable Affordable Lockdown System™ (PALS™) – a patent pending effective and affordable solution to the critical issue of classroom security. Designed by a teacher, PALS™ is simple to use and can mean the difference between safety and tragedy when an intruder enters the school or campus.
- Since the December 2012 shooting in Newtown, CT, there have been 127 school shootings in America — an average of nearly one a week..(http://everytown.org/article/schoolshootings/)
- There are only moments to secure a classroom when an intruder enters the building.
- How can you quickly defend both inswing and outswing classroom doors?
The Solution – PALS™
- Applies in seconds and at a readily accessible height.
- When applied, door will not open, even if unlocked.
- Easily fits into a handbag or locked drawer.
- Glow-in-the-dark sheath and tag so you can find and apply even if the power goes out.
- Approved for use in “life safety” conditions.
- An affordable answer to securing multiple rooms.
- Perfect for K-12 schools, college campuses, places of worship, office buildings and public meeting facilities.
PALS™ has been reviewed and approved by the State of Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner.
“[of] the devices or systems we have been requested to evaluate for lockdown, this device seems to be the most economical, easiest to operate, and provides safety without special knowledge of how to install or to release.”
Click to view the full letter from M. Dwayne Garriss, Georgia State Fire Marshal.